Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Monster Energy Zero Ultra Review


Not too long ago Monster released 2 new flavours to the Canadian market - Zero Ultra and Ballers Blend. I tried both on a very early and long work trip, but didn't have the chance to review them so I purchased a few more and here I am.

I got them both from a Shell gas station for $3.99 (yikes!, such a contrast from the Ultra Blue I got from Meijer in Michigan for $1.96) and I have seen them sold at other locations that carry the Monster brand.

Taste

Monster carries that white color beyond the can and right to what is inside the can. The drink is cloudy and white, but not as white as the can...thankfully because then I would have questions what I was putting in my body.

Zero Ultra tastes like a blend of citrus fruits, berries and a tiny bit of the regular Monster. I wasn't able to pinpoint exactly like which fruits this drink tastes like, but the aforementioned combination is delicious. The aftertaste, of course, carries very little of the diet taste thanks to the citrus.

Overall, I loved the flavour. 

Energy

There are 140 mg of caffeine in the can, which is on the low end of the 473 mL cans, but is still enough to give you a serious boost. After a night of drinking and an early rise, I started to feel the initial effects of the drink within 15 minutes. I felt a tiny bit jittery but fortunately the feeling didn't last too long. After that the rest of the effects are the same as all the other diet energy drinks - a caffeine kick that lasts a few hours and ends with no drama.

Scores:
Cost - $3.99 in Canadian stores, $1.96 at Meijer
Taste - 9/10
Energy - 7.9/10

Overall - 16.9/20...I love this new flavour.

No comments:

Post a Comment